Hello! Today is day 4 of the Pretty Handmades book tour. 😃 Welcome!
I was super thrilled of course when Lauren Wright asked me join in on the tour. When I first held the book I knew it was a match made in heaven. All of the pink, bunnies, strawberries (we have the same name…!)
Sweet Treat Wall Banner
Sweet, sweet, sweet is how I’d definitely describe the book. The first project that caught my eye was the cupcake banner. Because cupcakes ya’ know.
I used 100% merino felt from Rose Petal Collections and it’s so nice and soft. I was worried that it wouldn’t get here on time in time for my post. I knew I was cutting it super close when I ordered it. Happily, it arrived just yesterday and I was able to sew up this banner in the nick of time. Can you tell I really wanted to sew that cupcake?
The felt is beautiful to work with, makes me really want to appliqué more projects with it. Maybe with sequins??
Ribbons and Bows Travel Clutch
I like this little peek-a-boo hexie flower detail.
I liked all of the little details in the pattern. It did take me 2 movies to sew all the lazy daisies alone on the outside (Alien and Girl with a Pearl Earring). I forget sometimes how long embroidery can take!
I plan to sew more things from the book in time, I’m thinking the strawberry bookmark.
I hope you enjoyed seeing the projects I made, and will want to check out everyone else’s projects through out the month! We’ve only just started after all. At the end of the tour, Lauren Wright is hosting a giveaway of a signed copy of her book too!
The Full Line-Up
- 1 Sept 2017- Lauren Wright www.mollyandmama.com.au @mollyandmama
- 2 Sept 2017- Jemima Flendt www.blog.tiedwitharibbon.com @tiedwitharibbon
- 3 Sept 2017- Sharon Burgess www.lilabellelanecreations.com @lilabellelane
- 4 Sept 2017- Lauren Nash www.transientart.com @transientart
- 5 Sept 2017- Sarah Edgar www.alittlehappyplace.blogspot.co.uk @sarahedgarprettyfabrics
- 6 Sept 2017- Ange Hamilton www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com @alittlepatchwork
- 7 Sept 2017- Elea Lutz www.elealutzdesign.com @elealutz
- 8 Sept 2017- Sarah Scott www.piccolostudio.com.au @piccolostudio_sarah
- 9 Sept 2017- Martina Bahre www.avaandneve.com.au @ava_and_neve
- 10 Sept 2017- Heather Andrus www.quiltstory.blogspot.com @quiltstory
- 11 Sept 2017- Faith Essenburg www.saranaave.wordpress.com @faithessenburg
- 12 Sept 2017- Alisha Orlando www.ministryoffabric.com.au @ministryoffabric
- 13 Sept 2017- Bev McCullough www.flamingotoes.com @flamingotoes
- 14 Sept 2017- Stacy Olson www.stacyolsondesign.com @stacyolsondesign
- 15 Sept 2017- Ali Phillips www.arabesque-scissors.com @arabesquescissors
- 16 Sept 2017- Mollie Johanson www.wildolive.blogspot.com @molliejohanson
- 17 Sept 2017- Kristyne Czepuryk www.prettybyhand.com @prettybyhand
- 18 Sept 2017- Xanthe Grundy www.wife-made.com @wifemade
- 19 Sept 2017- Anne Oliver www.lolliandgrace.com @lolliandgrace
- 20 Sept 2017- Larisa Shurupov www.stitchingnotes.com @stitchingnotes
- 21 Sept 2017- Sedef Imer www.downgrapevinelane.com @downgrapevinelane
- 22 Sept 2017- Wynn Tan www.zakkaArt.blogspot.com @zakkaArt
- 23 Sept 2017- Veronica AM www.VividFelicity.wordpress.com @vividfelicity
- 24 Sept 2017- Minki Kim www.minkikim.com @zeriano
- 25 Sept 2017- Elise Baek www.eliseandemelie.com @eliseandemelie
- 26 Sept 2017- Megan Price www.dollyhenry.com.au @dollyhenryau
- 27 Sept 2017- Nadra Ridgeway www.ellisandhiggs.com @ellisandhiggs
- 28 Sept 2017- Ayda Algin www.cafenohut.com @cafenohut
- 29 Sept 2017- Jodi Godfrey www.talesofcloth.com @talesofcloth
- 30 Sept 2017- Lauren Wright www.mollyandmama.com.au @mollyandmama