Happy Monday everyone!
Ilove a good Monday, though Friday is my favorite day of the week. On Mondays I usually go do my morning work out with my daughter after shuffling my boys off to the school bus. So, this particular Monday is the second week of the Little Dolly book tour, and I couldn’t wait to share what I made with you!
Little Dolly is the newest book by my dear friend and fellow fabric designer, Elea Lutz. You might’ve seen a previous post I wrote about the Little Dolly fabric she designed a couple weeks back. It all ties together with this super sweet book. I loved all the accessories that came along with Little Dolly, buttons, a doll kit in a house shaped box, even little doll falsies! <3 She put so much thought into all of it! If need a bit of inner little girl fix, this book and its projects are for you. Who says you can’t have a new doll as an adult??
This house tote caught my eye first thing, and I could not not make a dolly too of course.
I added teeny tiny freckles because I have freckles and I picture Lyla getting a freckle or two like me?? I also embroidered some flowers into her hair to make her even prettier. I gave her just the teeniest smile too with barely blushing cheeks.
I have to share these new scissors I got from Warm Crochet. They’re super sharp, look so pretty (I needed more than one color!) I really like them as my go to scissors when embroidering, like all the little flowers in the dolly’s hair. Bonus: use code LaurenNash and get 10% off your order.
And I love how they turned out~!!>_<
They go so well together!! But they go even better with a little girl to carry them around…
Sometimes you have to coax the little girl with a chocolate chip or two to get her to stand still!
Since she’s dressed up, you might as well take her out to the store. When she’s done with that, a movie bundled up with a quilt after a bubble bath is usually a good idea.
And there you have it. Check out the schedule below, see what’s been made and what’s to come up next! More dolly goodness is a must.
Dolly Book Tour
- Monday, Sept. 18, 2017- Faith Essenburg www.saranaave.wordpress.com @faithessenburg
- Friday , Sept. 22, 2017- Melissa Mortenson www.polkadotchair.com @polkadotchair
- Monday, Sept. 25, 2017- Lauren Nash www.transientart.com @transientart
- Friday, Sept. 29, 2017- Sedef Imer www.downgrapevinelane.com @downgrapevinelane
- Monday Oct. 2, 2017- Jemima Flendt www.tiedwitharibbon.com @tiedwitharibbon
- Friday, Oct. 6, 2017- Jina Barney www.jinabarneydesignz.blogspot.com @jinabarney
- Monday, Oct. 9, 2017- Ayda Algin www.cafenohut.com @cafenohut
- Friday, Oct. 13, 2017-Veronica Marroquin www.vividfelicity.wordpress.com @vividfelicity
- Monday, Oct. 16, 2017- Ange Hamilton www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com @alittlepatchwork
- Friday, Oct. 20, 2017- Nadra Ridgeway www.ellisandhiggs.com @ellisaandhiggs