One thing about that I wish about the sewing book “Made for Baby” by Ayda Algin, is that it came out out while I pregnant with my babies! My youngest will be turning 2 next month (I’m in denial of course), and so many of these projects are just perfect for a new baby! I was still super thrilled when asked to be apart of the blog tour. The book is just as sweet to flip through as well, eye candy for sure!
I made the reversible Peter Pan collar first, and it was a very fast and easy sew. A perfect little addition for Lyla’s outfits. Love!
…or maybe my room when I realized that the 4 boxes fit perfectly on my Ikea spice racks! I used some reproduction 30’s fabrics with Swiss dots. I’m thinking I’ll have to sew some more boxes so I have a set for myself for my shelves.
Finally, this bib. Sweet pink gingham from my Bunnies and Cream fabric line paired with some vintage sheet fabric, and a duckling appliqué. Lyla already likes the pocket that’s supposed to catch food but she thinks is more fun to put all of her food in.
I changed up the embroidery on the duckling from the book to give her a little smile.
And, a yellow strawberry print for the inside of the pocket.
Be sure to check out all of the other amaaaazing ladies who are apart of the blog tour! They’ve been sewing up some seriously cute stuff! >_< And tag #madeforbabyblogtour on social media (especially Instagram!) if you sew anything from the book so everyone else can see!
Here’s the full Line-Up
- May.03- Ayda ALGIN, @cafenohut, www.cafenohut.blogspot.com
- May.04- Jemima Flendt, @tiedwitharibbon, www.blog.tiedwitharibbon.com
- May.05- Sarah Edgar, @sarahedgarprettyfabrics, www.alittlehappyplace.blogspot.co.uk
- May.08- Lisa Cox, @aspoonfulsugar, www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com
- May.09- Ange Hamilton, @alittlepatchwork, www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com
- May.10- Lauren Wright, @mollyandmama, www.mollyandmama.com.au
- May.11- Melissa LeRay, @ohhowsweetco, www.ohhowsweet.com
- May.12- Minki Kim, @zeriano, www.minkikim.com
- May.15- Faith Essenburg, @faithessenburg, www.SaranaAve.wordpress.com
- May.16- Kristin Esser, @kristin_esser, www.kristinesser.com/
- May.17- Lauren Guthrie, @guthrieghani, www.guthrie-ghani.co.uk/blog
- May.18- Bridgette McNay, @thefamilyhearth, www.thefamilyhearth.com
- May.19- Torie Jayne, @toriejayne, www.toriejayne.com
- May.22- Constanca Cabral, @constancacabral, www.constancacabral.com/blog
- May.23 -Stacy Olson, @stacyolsondesign, www.stacyolsondesign.com
- May.24- Caroline Husle, @SewCaroline, www.SewCaroline.com
- May.29- Nadra Ridgeway, @ellisandhiggs, www.ellisandhiggs.com
- May.30- Wynn Tan, @zakkaArt, www.zakkaArt.blogspot.com
- May.31- Sedef Imer, @downgrapevinelane, www.downgrapevinelane.com
- JUNE 01- Lauren Nash, @transientart, www.transientart.com
- JUNE 02- Jennie Pickett, @cloverandviolet, www.cloverandviolet.com
- JUNE 05- Amy Sinibaldi, @amysinibaldi, www.nanaCompany.typepad.com
- JUNE 07- Kim Kruzich, @retro_mama, www.retro-mama.blotspot.com
- JUNE 08- Elea Lutz, @elealutz, www.elealutzdesign.com
- JUNE 09- Samantha Dorn, @aqua_paisley, www.aquapaisleystudio.com/blog
- JUNE 12- Ayda ALGIN, @cafenohut, www.cafenohut.blogspot.com