Hi guys! Welcome to my stop on the Apple Farm Blog Hop.
I‘ve been looking forward to Apple Farm by Elea Lutz for Penny Rose Fabrics ever since I fell in love with it at Quilt Market back in May this year. The colors are just so happy and bright. The mints, the reds, ahh…
I made quite a few things with this range of fabrics…
To start, a little napkin, embroidered with my daughter’s name. It has a minty rick rack edging and goes in the lined basket topped with its own bow. Now she can’t have a picnic without a matching apple bib, so I had to make that too. The pattern can be found in the book Patchwork Please! by Ayumi Takahashi.
The bonnet was another fun sew, even though it really had nothing to do with the Apple Farm fabrics, but it does look cute when Lyla wears it with her new dress! So that’s justified enough for me.
I did get a little picture happy just because she kept smiling at me.
There’s also a pillowcase thrown into the mix. I know I like a fabric when I want to sleep on it. I have to have a little restraint there though or else all I’d end up sewing is pillowcases, more pillows couldn’t ever hurt though could it?
I shared sneak peeks with my mom as I worked on all these projects and the only question I kept hearing is have I sewed the matching bloomers yet? To which I begrudgingly replied “no” or “not yet” until three days ago. Ha. So far they’ve been kind of an after thought when sewing dresses, and I don’t really want to make ’em but I know how freaking cute they’d be once I make them. >_<
I used vintage patterns that came from my mom which came from my grandma. If only cute patterns like these still cost $1.00. :D
All in all, I do love how everything turned out, this fabric was a lot of fun to sew with!
Next up on the Apple Farm Blog Hop is Jessica and Kristyne so be sure to check them out to see what pretties they made with Apple Farm! And check out Ange who also is sharing her beautiful Lucy Boston English paper pieced quilt today.
Here’s the full Line-Up
- August 8- Jemima www.tiedwitharibbon.com
- August 8- Anorina www.sameliasmum.com
- August 9- Kimberly www.fatquartershop.blogspot.com
- August 9- Bridgette www.thefamilyhearth.com
- August 10- Taunja www.carriedawayquilting.com
- August 10- Nadra www.ellisandhiggs.com
- August 11- Shari www.doohikeydesigns.com
- August 11- Heidi www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com
- August 12- Lindsey www.fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com
- August 15- Ange www.alittlepatchwork.wordpress.com
- August 15- Me! www.transientart.com
- August 16- Jessica www.euphoriajessica.blogspot.com
- August 16- Kristyne www.prettybyhand.com
- August 17- Melissa www.ohhowsweet.com
- August 17- Sedef www.downgrapevinelane.com
- August 18- Faith www.saranaave.wordpress.com
- August 18- Veronica www.VividFelcity.wordpress.com
- August 19- Megan www.dollyhenry.blogspot.com
- August 19- Amanda www.jedicraftgirl.com
- August 20- Elea www.elealutzdesign.com